Materials for this virtual exhibit – called “Prairie Pollination” – were produced and/or compiled by The Manitoba Museum for the Canadian Heritage Information Network (Virtual Museum of Canada program) for the purposes of providing the public with information about prairie plants and pollinators. The term “materials” includes all or any information, artwork, text, video, audio or image files.
Terms and Conditions
This virtual exhibit comprises and contains copyrighted materials. Copyright in such materials remains with The Manitoba Museum (TMM), or other copyright owners. The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this website has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for non-commercial, personal use only. Personal users may copy or share the material produced by The Manitoba Museum (TMM) under the following conditions: the material must not be modified, must retain any associated copyright or other proprietary notices, and must acknowledge the source of the material. The source citations should include the URL where the material comes from.
All other uses are prohibited without the express written authorization TMM, including:
Reproduction of any kind in any medium and redistribution in any manner for commercial* use, including commercial publication, or for personal gain.
*Definition of commercial use: material used in a product produced by a commercial entity or by a non-profit entity for profit-making, commercial purposes or a product produced and distributed free of charge, at cost, or at a minimal charge generally by a non-profit organization.
Anyone wishing to use the materials from this website for these or other purposes must obtain prior written approval from TMM or other copyright owners.
For information on and permission to use TMM images, including licensing requests, and other TMM media such as, photo, film or video, please contact:
- The Manitoba Museum – Library
- 190 Rupert Avenue
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Canada R3B 0N2
- Tel.: 204.988.0662
- Fax: 204.942.3679
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please quote the reference number(s) of the image(s) in all correspondence.
TMM has taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that materials, for which copyright belongs to others, are reproduced on this website with the full consent of the copyright owners. TMM does not warrant that the use of materials displayed in the website will not infringe the rights of third parties. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the third party.
The Manitoba Museum gratefully acknowledges the financial investment by the Department of Canadian Heritage in the creation of this online presentation for the Virtual Museum of Canada. Funding for production of the virtual tours was provided by the Heritage Grants Program, Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Tourism Department of the Government of Manitoba and The Manitoba Museum Foundation.
The Manitoba Museum staff directly involved in the project includes:
- Adèle Hempel – Director of Research, Collections & Exhibits
- Dr. Diana Bizecki Robson – Curator of Botany
- Melissa Pearn – Curatorial Assistant
- Rebecca Bilsky – Curatorial Assistant
- Dr. Randall Mooi – Curator of Zoology
- Dr. Roland Sawatsky – Curator of History
- Janis Klapecki – Natural History Collections Specialist
- Betty-Ann Penner – Collections Database Administrator
- Hanna Peters – Exhibits Manager
- Cindi Steffan – Information Services Manager
- Claire Zimmerman – Research, Collections & Exhibits Administrative Assistant
- Scott Young -Manager of Science Communication & Visitor Experiences
- Hans Thater – Technology and Multimedia Specialist
- Lila Knox – Programs Manager
- Jerome Marchildon – Program Developer
- Greg Klassen – Communications & PR Manager
The Project Team includes:
- Videography – Robert Zirk, Toastbot Media
- Videography – Breanna Perrelli, Toastbot Media
- Education Consultant – Angela Fey
- Illustrator – Janet La France
- Translator – Pierre Lemoine
Web site design and development by Relish New Brand Experience Inc.:
- Suzanne Braun – Relish New Brand Experience Inc.
- James Black – Relish New Brand Experience Inc.
We acknowledge and thank the following providers of information, time and images:
- Christian Artuso
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Carl Barrentine, University of North Dakota
- Gerrie Barylski
- Silvia Battaglini
- Christie Borkowsky – Critical Wildlife Habitat Program
- Cheryl E. Bradley
- Sarah Coulber – Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Marie Curtin
- Dr. Art Davis – University of Saskatchewan
- Bill Dean
- Werner Eigelsreiter
- Chris Friesen – Manitoba Conservation and Water Stewardship
- Dr. Bruce Ford – University of Manitoba
- Branimir Gjetvaj, Branimir Gjetvaj Photography
- Cary Hamel – Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Matt Ireland
- Marilena Kowalchuk – Manitoba Habitat Heritage Corporation
- Matt Lavin
- Stephen Luk, University of Guelph
- Manitoba Conservation Data Centre
- Stephen Marshall – University of Guelph
- Gary McDonald
- Kathy Murray – Manitoba Conservation and Water Stewardship
- Bryan E. Reynolds – The Butterflies of the World Foundation – www.bryanreynoldsphoto.com
- Christa Rigney
- Bjørn Rørslett
- Sarah Semmler
- Walter Siegmund
- Cliff Wallis, Cottonwood Consultants
- Dr. Richard Westwood – University of Manitoba
- Alex Wild – Alex Wild Photography – www.alexanderwild.com
- Diane Wilson
- Dr. Anne Worley – University of Manitoba
Thank-you also to:
- Manitoba Parks and Protected Areas
- Nature Conservancy
- Department of Plant Sciences, University of Saskatchewan
The Internet is a public forum and electronic information can be intercepted. For reasons of security and privacy, we ask that you not send us any personal or confidential information, such as your Social Insurance Number (SIN), home or business address.